49ers' Raheem Mostert (knee) to miss around 8 weeks
The San Francisco 49ers will place running back Raheem Mostert (knee cartilage), who is expected to miss roughly eight weeks, on the injured reserve.
Mostert, who has always been one of (if not the most) explosive offensive players in the NFL, suffered a knee cartilage injury that will now sideline him for roughly eight weeks and will require a stint on the injured reserve. Mostert has been electric whenever he has been on the field, but has struggled with unlucky injuries perhaps more than any other running back in the league.
Mostert went down early on in Week 1, paving the way for Elijah Mitchell to carry the ball 19 times for 104 yards and a score. We'll see how things shake out in Week 2 with 2021 third-round pick Trey Sermon likely joining the mix, but Mitchell should be one of the top waiver wire adds heading into the second week of the season.
- Nyheim Hines exits, ruled out for Colts with concussion October 6th, 2022
- Seahawks' Ken Walker (shoulder) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (shoulder) full participant on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Raiders' Darren Waller (shoulder) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Josh Palmer (ankle) limited for Chargers on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Chargers' Gerald Everett (hamstring) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Dolphins' Tyreek Hill (quad) limited on Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Jaylen Waddle (groin) joins Dolphins practice Thursday October 6th, 2022
- Dolphins' Jaylen Waddle (groin) DNP on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Teddy Bridgewater to start at quarterback for Dolphins in Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) out for Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Update: Tua Tagovailoa (head, neck) will not return in Week 4 for Miami September 29th, 2022