49ers' Raheem Mostert (knee) to miss around 8 weeks
The San Francisco 49ers will place running back Raheem Mostert (knee cartilage), who is expected to miss roughly eight weeks, on the injured reserve.
Mostert, who has always been one of (if not the most) explosive offensive players in the NFL, suffered a knee cartilage injury that will now sideline him for roughly eight weeks and will require a stint on the injured reserve. Mostert has been electric whenever he has been on the field, but has struggled with unlucky injuries perhaps more than any other running back in the league.
Mostert went down early on in Week 1, paving the way for Elijah Mitchell to carry the ball 19 times for 104 yards and a score. We'll see how things shake out in Week 2 with 2021 third-round pick Trey Sermon likely joining the mix, but Mitchell should be one of the top waiver wire adds heading into the second week of the season.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'trending toward' Week 7 return for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Trey Lance not spotted at 49ers' practice Monday October 18th, 2021
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) back at practice ahead of Week 7 October 18th, 2021