Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while'
The Green Bay Packers are placing edge rusher Za'Darius Smith on injured reserve with a back injury.
Smith will miss at least three weeks and Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said the Packers are shutting him down "for a while." Smith was questionable to play in Week 1 and he wound up only being on the field for 18 defensive snaps. Smith recorded 26 sacks in his first two seasons with Green Bay and never missed a game.
The Packers are 11.5-point favorites over the Detroit Lions in Week 2, per numberFire's NFL Heat Map. Detroit's offense is No. 22 and Green Bay's defense is No. 30 in numberFire's advanced team power rankings.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Packers reportedly sign linebacker Jaylon Smith October 6th, 2021
- Green Bay's Aaron Jones (ankle) logs limited practice on Wednesday October 6th, 2021
- Randall Cobb adds 'flexibility' to Packers offense October 4th, 2021
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring) placed on injured reserve October 2nd, 2021
- Green Bay's Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring) out for Week 4's game against Steelers October 1st, 2021
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring) sidelined again September 30th, 2021