Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury
Las Vegas Raiders running back Kenyan Drake's role may not change all that much after Josh Jacobs was ruled out due to toe and ankle ailments.
While many expected Drake to slide into a featured role in Jacobs' absence, the team's head coach isn't implying that. When asked about the injury opening up an opportunity for Drake to see a larger workload, Jon Gruden instead pivoted the conversation to a different running back. "It's an opportunity for Peyton Barber. We really like Barber," Gruden told reporters. "I like the way he runs and catches and picks up blitzes. Kenyan will continue to play a role in our system no matter who the other back is." It certainly seems as though Barber will be the biggest beneficiary of Jacobs' absence, while Drake could see a similar role as in Week 1.
Our models currently project Drake for 56.1 rushing yards, 15.2 receiving yards, 0.5 total touchdowns and 11.0 FanDuel points.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Raiders' Peyton Barber scratched for Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (illness) not listed on Raiders' Week 6 injury report October 15th, 2021
- Update: Raiders' Josh Jacobs (illness) practicing on Friday October 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Jon Gruden intending to step down from head coach position October 11th, 2021
- Rapaport: Peyton Barber (turf toe) could be out for Raiders multiple weeks October 6th, 2021
- Hunter Renfrow paces Raiders in targets, catches October 5th, 2021