Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19
Philadelphia Eagles tight end Zach Ertz has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus, John Clark of NBC Sports reports.
Ertz tested positive earlier on Monday, meaning he will go into isolation until he can provide two negative tests. Clark noted that Ertz is vaccinated, so the veteran tight end could possibly return for the team's Monday night game against the Dallas Cowboys.
Ertz has only drawn 4 targets through the first 2 weeks of the season, catching 3 of them for 40 yards. Quarterback Jalen Hurts rarely targets the middle of the field, where Ertz does most of his damage, but Ertz's absence could open up more opportunities for teammate Dallas Goedert, who has 6 catches for 66 yards this season.
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shin) undergoing MRI October 18th, 2021
- Alex Collins (hip, glute) uncertain for Seahawks in Week 7 October 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Kareem Hunt (calf) likely out for Browns 4-6 weeks October 18th, 2021
- Michael Thomas (ankle) eligible to return for Saints this week October 18th, 2021
- Dak Prescott dismisses calf concerns at Cowboys presser October 18th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder) expects to play Thursday for Browns October 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (shoulder) expected to play against Browns in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Cardinals' Zach Ertz ineligible to play in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kliff Kingsbury (COVID-19) will not coach Week 6's game against Browns October 15th, 2021
- Cardinals' Chase Edmonds (shoulder) questionable for Week 6 clash with Browns October 15th, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (illness) not listed on Arizona's Week 6 Friday injury report October 15th, 2021
- Eagles trade Zach Ertz to Cardinals for rookie CB, late pick October 15th, 2021