49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain
San Francisco 49ers running back JaMycal Hasty suffered a high ankle sprain during Sunday's Week 2 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
Hasty had a strong hold on the team's RB2 role heading into Week 2, operating as the passing-down counterpart for teammate Elijah Mitchell up until his injury against the Eagles. Head coach Kyle Shanahan confirmed that Hasty would miss the team's Week 3 game against the Dallas Cowboys, and it's possible the injury lands Hasty on the short-term IR list.
Hasty posted 6 carries for 41 yards and a touchdown, as well as 5 catches on 6 targets for another 36 yards prior to his injury, and had been operating as the team's clear passing-down back. With injuries to Raheem Mostert (knee), Elijah Mitchell (shoulder), and Trey Sermon (concussion), the 49ers are sure to sign some veteran free agents ahead of Week 3.
- Dak Prescott dismisses calf concerns at Cowboys presser October 18th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder) expects to play Thursday for Browns October 18th, 2021
- Noah Fant goes for 97 yards, touchdown in Broncos' loss October 17th, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor explodes for 145 yards, 2 touchdowns in Colts' win October 17th, 2021
- Rams' Cooper Kupp continues dominance, scores twice in blowout of Giants October 17th, 2021
- Kirk Cousins throws for 373 yards, 3 scores in Vikings' win October 17th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'doing good' on 49ers bye October 12th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance sprained left knee in Week 5 October 11th, 2021
- George Kittle (calf) placed on 49ers injured reserve, out at least three games October 9th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) not listed on 49ers' Week 5 injury report October 8th, 2021
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) ruled out, Trey Lance to start in Week 5's matchup against Cardinals October 8th, 2021
- 49ers list George Kittle (calf) as doubtful in Week 5 October 8th, 2021