Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR
The Cleveland Browns placed wide receiver Jarvis Landry on injured reserve with a knee injury.
Landry injured his knee on the second offensive play of the Browns' Week 2 win over the Houston Texans. He has never missed a game due to injury since entering the league in 2014, but the veteran wideout will now be forced to sit out until at least Week 6. Odell Beckham Jr. (knee) reportedly could make his season debut on Sunday against the Chicago Bears, or else the Browns will likely be left with Donovan Peoples-Jones, Anthony Schwartz, and Rashard Higgins in three-wide sets.
The Bears are allowing the fifth-most FanDuel points per game to the wide receiver position this season. Landry is tied with Harrison Bryant and Schwartz for third on the team with a 12.5% target share, behind Austin Hooper and David Njoku, who have both drawn 16.7% of the targets through two games.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Browns' Odell Beckham (shoulder) questionable for Week 7 meeting with Denver October 20th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (torn labrum) ruled out for Browns versus Broncos October 20th, 2021
- Case Keenum to start Week 7 for Browns in place of Baker Mayfield (shoulder) October 20th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder) officially limited at Browns practice October 19th, 2021
- Odell Beckham Jr. (shoulder) still sidelined for Browns October 19th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder) practicing Tuesday for Browns October 19th, 2021