Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3
Chicago Bears quarterback Andy Dalton (knee) is considered week-to-week, reports Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
The Bears still haven't made a final decision, but Pelissero says things are pointing toward rookie Justin Fields making his first career start in Week 3 against the Cleveland Browns. Dalton played better last week than in the opener before injuring his knee, but Fields brings more upside to the Bears' offense with his superior playmaking abilities as a runner and thrower. Fields completed 6-of-13 passes for 60 yards with an interception, and added 10 carries for 31 yards in Week 2. Despite not playing close to a full game, Fields has one of five quarterback performances in the NFL this year with double-digit rush attempts.
The Browns are allowing the third-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season. Fields, who has a $6,500 salary on FanDuel in Week 3, ranks last in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back out of the 35 quarterbacks with 10-plus drop backs this season. Dalton is 28th.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Allen Robinson (ankle) active for Bears in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Allen Robinson (ankle) expected to play for Chicago in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Allen Robinson (ankle) questionable for Bears' Week 6 matchup against Packers October 15th, 2021
- Bears' Allen Robinson (ankle) DNP on Thursday October 14th, 2021
- Bears put Damien Williams on COVID-19 list October 14th, 2021
- Damien Williams (foot/knee) limited during Bears' Wednesday practice October 13th, 2021