Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) ruled out for Dolphins versus Raiders in Week 3
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will not play Week 3 against the Las Vegas Raiders due to fractured ribs, head coach Brian Flores announced.
Flores is now saying Tagovailoa is week-to-week with a fracture after previously describing him as day-to-day with only bruised ribs. Jacoby Brissett will start against the Raiders on Sunday in a tough matchup and it should be considered a downgrade for the Dolphins offense as a whole. He completed 24-of-40 passes for 169 yards and an interception in relief in Week 2.
Among the 33 quarterbacks with at least 20 drop backs this season, Brissett ranks dead last in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. He now is tasked with taking on a Raiders defense that has earned the top pass rush grade from Pro Football Focus through two weeks.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker (shoulder, hamstring) limited on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) officially active for Miami in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (groin) out for Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Isaiah Ford promoted from Miami's practice squad on Saturday October 16th, 2021
- Dolphins activate Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) off Injured Reserve, expected to start in Week 6 October 16th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa (ribs) officially cleared for Dolphins October 15th, 2021