Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns
Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields will make his first NFL start in Week 3 against the Cleveland Browns, head coach Matt Nagy announced.
Andy Dalton is going to miss at least one game with a knee injury, setting up Fields for his first start. Fields completed 6-of-13 passes for 60 yards with an interception, and added 10 carries for 31 yards in Week 2 once Dalton left. Despite not playing close to a full game, Fields has one of five quarterback performances in the NFL this year with double-digit rush attempts. Nagy reiterated that Dalton will remain the Bears' starter once he's healthy.
The Browns are allowing the third-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season. Fields, who has a $6,500 salary on FanDuel in Week 3, ranks last in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back out of the 35 quarterbacks with 10-plus drop backs this season. Dalton is 28th. However, Fields' average depth of target (10.5 yards) is more than twice as long as Dalton's (4.6), which improves the upside of Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Chicago's Allen Robinson (ankle) limited on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Allen Robinson (ankle) active for Bears in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Allen Robinson (ankle) expected to play for Chicago in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Allen Robinson (ankle) questionable for Bears' Week 6 matchup against Packers October 15th, 2021
- Bears' Allen Robinson (ankle) DNP on Thursday October 14th, 2021
- Bears put Damien Williams on COVID-19 list October 14th, 2021