Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy
Chicago Bears quarterback Andy Dalton (knee) is still the team's starter when he's healthy, head coach Matt Nagy reiterated Wednesday.
Justin Fields will make his first NFL start in Week 3 against the Cleveland Browns as Dalton deals with a knee injury, but Nagy has made it clear that the veteran is still the starter when he's available. Despite the coach's comments, Fields has the talent to steal the job away while Dalton is sidelined. Fields' average depth of target (10.5 yards) is also more than twice as long as Dalton's (4.6), which improves the upside of Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney. Dalton is considered week-to-week for now.
Among the 35 quarterbacks with double-digit drop backs this season, Dalton is averaging the eighth-fewest Passing Net Expected Points per drop back and Fields is last. Fields has a $6,500 salary on FanDuel in Week 3. The Browns are allowing the third-most FanDuel points per game to the quarterback position this season.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Chicago's Allen Robinson (ankle) limited on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Allen Robinson (ankle) active for Bears in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Allen Robinson (ankle) expected to play for Chicago in Week 6 October 17th, 2021
- Allen Robinson (ankle) questionable for Bears' Week 6 matchup against Packers October 15th, 2021
- Bears' Allen Robinson (ankle) DNP on Thursday October 14th, 2021
- Bears put Damien Williams on COVID-19 list October 14th, 2021