Trey Sermon (concussion) in non-contact jersey again for 49ers
San Francisco 49ers running back Trey Sermon (concussion) practiced in a non-contact jersey again on Thursday.
49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan has indicated that Sermon is on track to play in Sunday night's game against the Green Bay Packers. Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) remainder sidelined at Thursday's practice, so Sermon could wind up being the lead back in a game where the 49ers are favored. Trenton Cannon and Jacques Patrick, who was just promoted from the practice squad, are the only other two backs on the active roster.
The 49ers have earned the second-best team grade for run blocking this season from Pro Football Focus. The Packers run defense is No. 22 in numberFire's advanced team rankings and No. 18 in terms of FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position.
- Seahawks' Alex Collins (groin) expected to play in Week 7 clash with Saints October 23rd, 2021
- Darren Waller (ankle) listed as questionable on Raiders' Week 7 injury report October 23rd, 2021
- Damien Williams activated off Bears' Reserve/COVID-19 list October 23rd, 2021
- Garafolo: Seattle's Russell Wilson (finger) reportedly could return in Week 10 October 23rd, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (quad) ruled out for Colts' Week 7 matchup against 49ers October 23rd, 2021
- Alex Collins (groin) absent for Seattle's Friday practice October 23rd, 2021
- 49ers activate JaMychal Hasty (ankle) from Injured Reserve on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- JaMycal Hasty (ankle) expected to play in San Francisco's Week 7 matchup October 22nd, 2021
- Schefter: 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo expected to start against Colts in Week 7 October 22nd, 2021
- San Francisco's Trey Lance (knee) out for Week 7's matchup against Colts October 22nd, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'trending toward' Week 7 return for 49ers October 21st, 2021