49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) ruled out of Week 3 Sunday night
San Francisco 49ers running back Elijah Mitchell will not play Sunday in the team's game against the Green Bay Packers.
Mitchell was listed as doubtful, so this isn't a shock whatsoever. It's yet another injury to the 49ers backfield, which has been hurt an incredible amount through three weeks of the season. Trey Sermon, coming off a concussion, figures to be the lead back. Kerryon Johnson and Jacques Patrick should see work behind the rookie.
In 2 games this season, Mitchell had 146 rushing yards on 36 carries with a touchdown. He also added 2 catches on 2 targets with 11 yards.
- Antonio Brown (ankle) ruled out for Buccaneers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2021
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Trey Lance (knee) still not practicing for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) 'trending toward' Week 7 return for 49ers October 21st, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Trey Lance not spotted at 49ers' practice Monday October 18th, 2021
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) back at practice ahead of Week 7 October 18th, 2021