Randall Cobb adds 'flexibility' to Packers offense
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb gives the offense "a lot of flexibility," quarterback Aaron Rodgers praised.
Cobb led the Packers in receiving in Week 4 as he recorded five catches for 69 yards and a pair of touchdowns on six targets. The 11-year veteran played a season-high 46 percent of the Packers' offensive snaps with Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring) sidelined. “He’s still a really good player, for one,” Rodgers said of Cobb. “There’s a knack to playing in the slot. Davante (Adams) is an All-Pro inside or outside receiver, but to have another guy in there who can get open like that and have the feel that (Cobb) does just gives us a lot of flexibility in the offense, for sure.” Valdes-Scantling is out for at least two more games, so Cobb should see an expanded role again in Week 5 versus the Cincinnati Bengals.
Cobb scored 21.4 FanDuel points in Week 4, sixth-most among wide receivers. Through Sunday's games, Cobb has added the second-most Reception Net Expected Points per target among all wideouts with multiple targets this week.
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) expected to miss at least two games November 29th, 2021
- Rams' Odell Beckham suffered a hip pointer injury in Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) active for Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (shoulder) unlikely to play for Lions in Week 13 November 29th, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller (knee) considered week-to-week November 29th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Pat Freiermuth being evaluated for concussion on Monday November 29th, 2021
- Randall Cobb (groin) won't return for Packers in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (knee) active for Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Packers' Allen Lazard (shoulder) active for Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (knee) a game-time decision in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Allen Lazard (shoulder) listed as questionable on Green Bay's Week 12 injury report November 26th, 2021
- Green Bay's Aaron Jones (knee) questionable in Week 12 November 26th, 2021