Bengals' Joe Burrow (throat) taken to local hospital after Week 5 loss
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was taken to a local hospital following Sunday's Week 5 loss to the Green Bay Packers with a reported throat contusion.
This is certainly not an ordinary circumstance, but the move is likely purely precautionary after Burrow managed to play the entirety of Sunday's overtime loss. It's unclear when exactly Burrow suffered the injury, but he took several big hits over the course of the contest.
Burrow had big moments in the loss that were only slightly overshadowed by his 2 interceptions. He went 26 of 38 on passes with 2 touchdowns, including multiple highlight-reel connections with first-round pick Ja'Marr Chase. Burrow appears to be all the way back from the knee injury that prematurely ended his rookie campaign.
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) expected to miss at least two games November 29th, 2021
- Rams' Odell Beckham suffered a hip pointer injury in Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) active for Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (shoulder) unlikely to play for Lions in Week 13 November 29th, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller (knee) considered week-to-week November 29th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Pat Freiermuth being evaluated for concussion on Monday November 29th, 2021
- Bengals activate Samaje Perine from COVID-19 list October 21st, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) 'should get full workload' for Bengals October 15th, 2021
- Joe Burrow (throat) practicing in full for Bengals October 13th, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) active at Bengals practice October 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Samaje Perine placed on reserve/COVID list October 11th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (throat) taken to local hospital after Week 5 loss October 10th, 2021