Raiders' Jon Gruden intending to step down from head coach position
Las Vegas Raiders head coach has reportedly informed his staff that he intends to step down from his position with the team, per the NFL's Tom Pelissero.
Gruden reportedly plans to step down after the New York Times' bombshell report on his racist, homophobic, transphobic, and sexist emails. Per the Times, Gruden repeatedly used slurs to disparage league figures and others he disagreed with, while perpetuating the "old boys club" tropes that the NFL has attempted to move away from in recent years. Gruden offered a half-hearted apology when the first racist email leaked on Friday afternoon, but was obviously not expecting his numerous other emails to see the light of day.
The Raiders will likely make an official announcement about their interim head coach in the coming days if Gruden does, in fact, step down. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the Raiders are expected to promote assistant coach Rich Bisaccia to the position.
- Boston Scott (illness) expected to play for Eagles in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Eagles' Jalen Hurts (ankle) reportedly out for Week 13, Gardner Minshew to start against Jets December 4th, 2021
- 49ers place Trey Sermon (ankle) on injured reserve December 4th, 2021
- Miami's DeVante Parker (hamstring) activated off injured reserve, eligible to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Melvin Gordon (hip) out for Denver in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) expected to play in Week 13's matchup against Raiders December 4th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) questionable for Week 13 December 3rd, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller (knee) ruled out for Week 13's game against Washington December 3rd, 2021
- Darren Waller (knee) absent from Raiders practice December 2nd, 2021
- Darren Waller (knee) sits out Raiders practice December 1st, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller (knee) considered week-to-week November 29th, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller diagnosed with strained IT band, avoids major damage November 26th, 2021