Michael Thomas (ankle) eligible to return for Saints this week
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) is eligible to return from the PUP list this week.
Thomas was unavailable for the first six weeks of the season following surgery on an ankle that limited him to seven games in 2020. The Saints offense doesn't have anyone with a target share of at least 20 percent, so Thomas should be able to immediately step in as Jameis Winston's top target. Marquez Callaway is likely going to take the biggest hit with Thomas active and there also figures to be fewer opportunities for guys like Deonte Harris, Kenny Stills, Ty Montgomery, and Lil'Jordan Humphrey. On the flip side, Thomas' return should provide more balance for an offense that has been the most run-heavy team in the league. New Orleans will face the Seattle Seahawks in Week 7 after coming off their bye.
Alvin Kamara is leading the Saints with a 19.1% target share and Callaway is second at 18.2%. Deonte Harris is pacing the offense in yards per target (14.6) despite checking in at third on the target totem pole (13.9%). The Saints are only passing the ball on 45.3% of their plays, fewest out of all 32 teams this season.
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) expected to miss at least two games November 29th, 2021
- Rams' Odell Beckham suffered a hip pointer injury in Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) active for Week 12 November 29th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (shoulder) unlikely to play for Lions in Week 13 November 29th, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller (knee) considered week-to-week November 29th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Pat Freiermuth being evaluated for concussion on Monday November 29th, 2021
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) a full participant in practice Monday November 29th, 2021
- Saints' Alvin Kamara (knee) limited in Monday's practice November 29th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (foot) taking first-team practice reps ahead of Week 13 November 29th, 2021
- Saints' Alvin Kamara (knee) practicing ahead of Week 13 November 28th, 2021
- Mark Ingram (knee) officially ruled out for Saints on Thanksgiving November 25th, 2021
- Mark Ingram (knee) now doubtful for Saints on Thanksgiving November 25th, 2021