Rapoport: Kareem Hunt (calf) likely out for Browns 4-6 weeks
Cleveland Browns running back Kareem Hunt is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a calf injury, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski confirmed that Hunt is dealing with a multi-week injury and Rapoport is hearing a "rough estimate" of 4-6 weeks. Hunt suffered the injury toward the end of the Browns' loss to the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. Baker Mayfield injured his shoulder during the game and Nick Chubb was already out with a calf injury, so Cleveland may be missing their QB1, RB1, and RB2 when they face the Denver Broncos this Thursday night. Demetric Felton and D'Ernest Johnson would likely split backfield duties if that's the case. Felton profiles as the pass-catching back while Johnson is more of an early-down plodder.
Felton and Johnson both logged 20.3% offensive snap shares and two touches a piece in Week 6. On the year, Felton has run a route on 24-of-26 pass plays that he's been on the field for, compared to Johnson running just seven routes on 11 passing snaps.
- Patriots' Damien Harris (hamstring) questionable to return in Week 13 December 6th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell in league concussion protocols December 6th, 2021
- Adam Thielen (ankle) estimated DNP in Minnesota's Monday practice December 6th, 2021
- Zack Moss active for Bills in Week 13 December 6th, 2021
- Saints' Deonte Harris (DWI) suspended three games December 6th, 2021
- Chargers place Keenan Allen on reserve/COVID list December 6th, 2021
- Browns not considering benching Baker Mayfield after Week 12 performance November 29th, 2021
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin) expected to play in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Browns Kareem Hunt (calf) will handle third down role in Week 12 return November 28th, 2021
- Cleveland's Kareem Hunt (calf) activated off injured reserve, eligible to play in Week 12 November 27th, 2021
- Stefanski: Cleveland's Kareem Hunt (calf) expected to play in Week 12's contest against Baltimore November 26th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder, foot, groin) DNP on Wednesday November 24th, 2021