Antonio Brown (ankle) ruled out for Buccaneers in Week 7
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) is out for Week 7 against the Chicago Bears, head coach Bruce Arians said.
Brown wasn't able to practice all week, even after having a few extra days to recover from injuring his ankle in last Thursday's win over the Philadelphia Eagles. The Buccaneers play the New Orleans Saints in Week 8 before going on bye in Week 9, so they may hold Brown out through then to make sure he's ready for the second half of the season. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin could see an uptick in targets if Brown sits, and the additional snaps would likely go to Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller. Evans led the Buccaneers with 10 targets in Week 3 when Brown didn't play, and Johnson out-snapped Miller by a slim 34-32 margin.
Brown is leading the Buccaneers with a 27.8% target share over the last three weeks since missing a game due to health and safety protocols. The Bears are ranked 19th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the wide receiver position, but they are allowing the seventh-fewest Adjusted Passing Net Expected Points per play this season.
- Boston Scott (illness) expected to play for Eagles in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Eagles' Jalen Hurts (ankle) reportedly out for Week 13, Gardner Minshew to start against Jets December 4th, 2021
- 49ers place Trey Sermon (ankle) on injured reserve December 4th, 2021
- Miami's DeVante Parker (hamstring) activated off injured reserve, eligible to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Melvin Gordon (hip) out for Denver in Week 13 December 4th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) expected to play in Week 13's matchup against Raiders December 4th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (ankle) suspended 3 games for COVID violation December 2nd, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (ankle) likely out through Week 14 December 1st, 2021
- Antonio Brown (ankle, heel) unlikely to return for Buccaneers in Week 13 December 1st, 2021
- Mike Evans (back) not listed on Tampa Bay's Week 12 injury report November 26th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (ankle) ruled out for Week 12, hopeful for a return in Week 13 November 26th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans (back) DNP on Wednesday November 24th, 2021