Tyrod Taylor named Texans Week 9 starter versus Dolphins
Houston Texans quarterback Tyrod Taylor will start Week 9 against the Miami Dolphins, head coach David Culley announced.
Taylor will replace Davis Mills under center as he returns to game action for the first time since injuring his hamstring in Week 2. The switch should be a significant upgrade for Brandin Cooks and the entire offense. Taylor completed 21-of-33 passes for 291 yards and 2 touchdowns, and added 40 rushing yards, in the opener.
Taylor is averaging 0.55 Passing Net Expected Points per dropback while Mills is averaging negative-0.05. The Dolphins are ranked 27th in Adjusted Passing NEP allowed per play this season, providing a plus matchup for Taylor in his first game back. Taylor is the QB15 in numberFire's Week 9 fantasy rankings.
- James Conner (ribs) active for Cardinals Monday January 17th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (ankle) active for Monday's Wild Card matchup against Rams January 17th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo dealing with "slight" sprained shoulder January 17th, 2022
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (knee) questionable to return in Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Texans' Chris Conley (knee) misses another practice January 6th, 2022
- Texans activate Brandin Cooks from COVID list December 29th, 2021
- Texans' David Johnson lands on reserve/COVID list ahead of Week 17 December 27th, 2021
- Texans rule out David Johnson (quad) for Week 16 December 26th, 2021
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (health protocols) out for Week 16 December 25th, 2021