Rob Gronkowski (back) playing for Buccaneers barring setback
Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Rob Gronkowski (back) will play on Monday night against the New York Giants as long as there are no pre-game setbacks, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Gronkowski turned in back-to-back full practice sessions on Thursday and Friday, and all indications have been that he will be back out on the field Monday night. O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate both take a hit with Gronkowski returning to the fold, even if the Buccaneers decide to keep the future Hall-of-Famer on a snap count. Antonio Brown remains out with an ankle injury.
Gronk averaged 6.7 targets and 16.8 FanDuel points across the first three games. numberFire's models project him for 4.4 targets and Gronk has a $10,000 salary on FanDuel's single-game slate. The Giants are ranked 16th in FanDuel points allowed per game against the tight end position this season.
- James Conner (ribs) active for Cardinals Monday January 17th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (ankle) active for Monday's Wild Card matchup against Rams January 17th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo dealing with "slight" sprained shoulder January 17th, 2022
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Tampa Bay's Leonard Fournette (hamstring) reportedly out for Sunday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Buccaneers activate Giovani Bernard (knee) from injured reserve on Saturday January 15th, 2022
- Arians: Leonard Fournette (hamstring) game-time decision for Buccaneers' Wild Card matchup January 14th, 2022
- Mike Evans (hamstring) upgraded Thursday at Buccaneers practice January 13th, 2022
- Ronald Jones (ankle) misses Buccaneers practice again Thursday January 13th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones (ankle) doubtful for Sunday's clash with Eagles January 12th, 2022