Texans' Tyrod Taylor to remain the starter outside of injury
Houston Texans head coach David Culley told reporters Monday that rookie Davis Mills would only start again this season in the event of an injury to Tyrod Taylor.
Taylor has earned the right to be the Texans' starter this season, but missed significant time already with a hamstring injury. Mills did not impress in his opportunities this season, averaging just 5.4 adjusted yards per attempt while throwing 7 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.
Taylor helped guide the Texans to their two wins this season, but has been struggling since returning from the injured reserve. He nearly led a victory over the New York Jets in Week 12, but ultimately fell one score short, completing 17 of 26 attempts for 158 yards, 2 scores, and 1 interception.
- James Conner (ribs) active for Cardinals Monday January 17th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (ankle) active for Monday's Wild Card matchup against Rams January 17th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo dealing with "slight" sprained shoulder January 17th, 2022
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (knee) questionable to return in Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Texans' Chris Conley (knee) misses another practice January 6th, 2022
- Texans activate Brandin Cooks from COVID list December 29th, 2021
- Texans' David Johnson lands on reserve/COVID list ahead of Week 17 December 27th, 2021
- Texans rule out David Johnson (quad) for Week 16 December 26th, 2021
- Texans' Brandin Cooks (health protocols) out for Week 16 December 25th, 2021