Saints to name starting quarterback Wednesday for Thursday game
New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton said the team will wait until Wednesday to announce a starting quarterback for Week 13 against the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.
Payton wants to wait and see how Taysom Hill's foot responds to Wednesday's practice before making an official decision. Hill has been battling a plantar fascia issue that has kept him off the field in recent weeks, but he practiced in full for consecutive days and is expected to replace Trevor Siemian as the Saints' starting quarterback on Thursday night. Hill averaged 28.5 passes and 9.8 carries in four starts last season.
Hill is the QB15 in numberFire's Week 13 fantasy rankings. He has a $7,000 salary and our models project him for 18.3 FanDuel points. Dallas enters the week with the 24th-ranked schedule-adjusted run defense, per numberFire's metrics.
- James Conner (ribs) active for Cardinals Monday January 17th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (ankle) active for Monday's Wild Card matchup against Rams January 17th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo dealing with "slight" sprained shoulder January 17th, 2022
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Tre'Quan Smith (chest) returns to Saints practice January 6th, 2022
- Mark Ingram (knee) on track for Saints in Week 18 January 6th, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) out for Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Mark Ingram (knee) considered unlikely to play in Week 17 January 2nd, 2022
- Saints' Taysom Hill activated from reserve/COVID list on Wednesday December 29th, 2021