Texans' David Johnson lands on reserve/COVID list ahead of Week 17
Houston Texans running back David Johnson has been added to the reserve/COVID list ahead of the team's Week 17 game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Johnson has at times operated as the Texans' lead back this season, but has missed the past two games with a thigh injury and will now miss at least one more while on the reserve/COVID list.
Johnson's absence has opened up workhorse role for teammate Rex Burkhead, who rumbled over the Los Angeles Chargers' leaky run defense for 149 yards and 2 scores on 22 carries in Week 16. Expect Burkhead to have a similar role in any games Johnson misses from here on out.
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Falcons acquire Bryan Edwards in trade with Las Vegas May 13th, 2022
- D.J. Chark (ankle) full participant at Lions workouts May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy to be released on bond May 13th, 2022
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler wants "Tyler Lockett role" for Russell Wilson May 11th, 2022
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021