Packers "prepared to go all in for" re-signing Aaron Rodgers
The Green Bay Packers are "prepared to go all in for" re-signing quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Adam Schefter reports.
Schefter likened the Packers' apparent strategy to the method the New Orleans Saints used to keep future Hall of Fame-r Drew Brees under contract until the end of his career; while Schefter did not include any hard numbers in his report, he did say the team would spend "as close to the cap this year and spread it into future years as much as possible" in order to lock down this season's MVP. It's tough to say for certain whether the team's efforts will actually sway Rodgers' desire to stay with the team, but money can solve a lot of problems. If Rodgers does stick around in Green Bay, Jordan Love could see himself on another team before he makes another start in Wisconsin.
If the Packers do take this approach with Rodgers, it will be worth monitoring how the team approaches star receiver and free agent Davante Adams' contract as well. Rogers and Adams have been a near-stoppable duo over the past two seasons, connecting on a ridiculous 238 of 318 passes for 2,927 yards and 29 touchdowns in the regular season alone.
- Schefter: Josh Jacobs (calf) available for Raiders in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Darrell Henderson inactive for Jaguars in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Giants' Kenny Golladay (illness) out for Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Pittsburgh's Jaylen Warren (hamstring) cleared to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Richie James (knee) will play in Week 13 for New York December 4th, 2022
- Steelers' Najee Harris (abdominal) active in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Packers list Romeo Doubs (ankle) as questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Aaron Rodgers (thumb/ribs) not listed on Packers' Week 13 injury report December 2nd, 2022
- Aaron Rodgers (thumb, ribs) limited at Packers practice December 1st, 2022
- Romeo Doubs (ankle) returns to Packers practice Wednesday November 30th, 2022
- Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers (ribs) plans to play in Week 13 November 29th, 2022
- Packers' Aaron Rodgers (ribs) to undergo further testing November 28th, 2022