Packers "prepared to go all in for" re-signing Aaron Rodgers
The Green Bay Packers are "prepared to go all in for" re-signing quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Adam Schefter reports.
Schefter likened the Packers' apparent strategy to the method the New Orleans Saints used to keep future Hall of Fame-r Drew Brees under contract until the end of his career; while Schefter did not include any hard numbers in his report, he did say the team would spend "as close to the cap this year and spread it into future years as much as possible" in order to lock down this season's MVP. It's tough to say for certain whether the team's efforts will actually sway Rodgers' desire to stay with the team, but money can solve a lot of problems. If Rodgers does stick around in Green Bay, Jordan Love could see himself on another team before he makes another start in Wisconsin.
If the Packers do take this approach with Rodgers, it will be worth monitoring how the team approaches star receiver and free agent Davante Adams' contract as well. Rogers and Adams have been a near-stoppable duo over the past two seasons, connecting on a ridiculous 238 of 318 passes for 2,927 yards and 29 touchdowns in the regular season alone.
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Sammy Watkins to be 'big part' of Packers' offense June 8th, 2022
- Allen Lazard skipping Packers' mandatory minicamp June 7th, 2022
- Packers reportedly sign wide receiver Sammy Watkins to 1-year deal on Thursday April 14th, 2022
- Robert Tonyan (ACL) re-signs with Packers on one-year contract March 20th, 2022
- Packers assign franchise tag on Davante Adams on Tuesday March 8th, 2022