Rapoport: Cowboys will try to trade Amari Cooper
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper could be traded ahead of his expected release later this month, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Cooper is expected to be released before his 20 million dollar salary guarantee goes into effect on March 20th. Leading up to that date, Dallas is expected to explore trade options for the star wide receiver. Cooper signed a five-year $100 million contract in 2020 and has started in 29 of 33 games since. With Cooper set to leave, the Cowboys are expected to sign Michael Gallup to a new deal. Gallup will operate alongside CeeDee Lamb in the Cowboys' 2022 passing attack.
Last season, Cooper caught 68 of 104 targets for 865 yards and 8 touchdowns, failing to reach 1,000 yards for just the second time in his career and the first time since 2017.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson suspension could be entire 2022 season June 24th, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Rapoport: Baker Mayfield likely sticking with Browns through draft April 25th, 2022
- Baker Mayfield doesn't appear at Browns' voluntary workouts April 19th, 2022
- Texans' Deshaun Watson expected to be traded to Cleveland March 18th, 2022