Rapoport: Cowboys will try to trade Amari Cooper
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper could be traded ahead of his expected release later this month, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Cooper is expected to be released before his 20 million dollar salary guarantee goes into effect on March 20th. Leading up to that date, Dallas is expected to explore trade options for the star wide receiver. Cooper signed a five-year $100 million contract in 2020 and has started in 29 of 33 games since. With Cooper set to leave, the Cowboys are expected to sign Michael Gallup to a new deal. Gallup will operate alongside CeeDee Lamb in the Cowboys' 2022 passing attack.
Last season, Cooper caught 68 of 104 targets for 865 yards and 8 touchdowns, failing to reach 1,000 yards for just the second time in his career and the first time since 2017.
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (quad) questionable for Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Raiders list Josh Jacobs (calf) as questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Michael Gallup (illness) questionable for Cowboys' Week 13 contest December 2nd, 2022
- Packers list Romeo Doubs (ankle) as questionable in Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- Treylon Burks (illness) not listed on Titans' Week 13 injury report December 2nd, 2022
- Ravens' Lamar Jackson (quad) available for Week 13 December 2nd, 2022
- David Njoku (knee) ruled out for Browns versus Texans December 2nd, 2022
- Browns' David Njoku (knee) DNP again on Thursday December 1st, 2022
- Browns' David Njoku (knee) DNP on Wednesday November 30th, 2022
- Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson (suspension) reinstated; slated to start in Week 13 November 28th, 2022
- Browns' David Njoku (ankle, knee) DNP on Wednesday November 23rd, 2022
- Browns' David Njoku (ankle) active for Week 11 November 20th, 2022