Buccaneers place franchise tag on Chris Godwin on Tuesday
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have assigned their franchise tag on wide receiver Chris Godwin on Tuesday.
For the second straight year, Godwin received the franchise tag from the Buccaneers. Without Tom Brady under center, the 26-year old should still play a key offensive role alongside Mike Evans despite a probable lower ceiling.
Per Pro Football Focus on 124 targets last season, Godwin ranked 11th among receivers with a 81.3 offensive rating.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cade Otton 'best option' for Buccaneers No. 1 tight end June 27th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Russell Gage expected to step in as No. 2 WR June 24th, 2022
- Auman: 'Wouldn't be surprised' if Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin (knee) opens season on PUP list June 24th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski announces second retirement June 22nd, 2022
- Free agent Antonio Brown unlikely to return for 2022 season May 29th, 2022
- Chris Godwin signs three-year deal with Buccaneers March 17th, 2022