Cowboys place franchise tag on Dalton Schultz
Dallas Cowboys tight end Dalton Schultz was assigned the team's franchise tag on Tuesday.
Schultz will remain with the Cowboys for the upcoming season after consecutive campaigns with 60 plus receptions. The 25-year-old has played his entire career for Dallas after being drafted in the fourth round in the 2018 NFL draft. He is expected to remain a core part of the Cowboys' passing attack alongside CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup, with Amari Cooper set to be released.
Schultz played in 17 games for Dallas last season, setting career highs in catches (78), targets (104), yards (808), and touchdowns (8).
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Dalton Schultz, Dallas distant on new deal June 27th, 2022
- Jalen Tolbert "likely" to start in Cowboys' offense June 20th, 2022
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott having "tremendous" offseason June 16th, 2022
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Dak Prescott 'looks really good' in 'movement ability' June 15th, 2022
- Dallas' Dak Prescott feeling "pumped up" about healthy offseason April 24th, 2022
- Dallas inks receiver James Washington to one-year deal March 20th, 2022