Cowboys' Michael Gallup signs to five-year, $62.5 million contract
The Dallas Cowboys have re-signed wideout Michael Gallup (ACL) to a five-year contract worth $62.5 million.
The Cowboys clearly prioritized re-signing Gallup in free agency this offseason, even trading away fellow receiver Amari Cooper to the Cleveland Browns to help clear cap room. Gallup is coming off of a late-season ACL injury, but will hopefully be ready early on during the 2022 NFL season.
Gallup has operated as the Cowboys' primary outside receiver, playing just 8% of his snaps out of the slot this past season. With Cooper on the move, they'll be relying on his prowess outside the hashes even more in the coming years, with CeeDee Lamb likely moving around the formation more often. Gallup's 2021 season was thwarted by injuries, but the former third-round pick seems poised for his second 1,000-yard season this year if he is healthy.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Dalton Schultz, Dallas distant on new deal June 27th, 2022
- Jalen Tolbert "likely" to start in Cowboys' offense June 20th, 2022
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott having "tremendous" offseason June 16th, 2022
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Dak Prescott 'looks really good' in 'movement ability' June 15th, 2022
- Dallas' Dak Prescott feeling "pumped up" about healthy offseason April 24th, 2022
- Dallas inks receiver James Washington to one-year deal March 20th, 2022