Tight end Zach Ertz re-signs with Cardinals
The Arizona Cardinals have re-signed tight end Zach Ertz to a three-year contract worth $31.65 million.
Ertz joined the Cardinals part-way through the 2021 season via trade, catching 56 passes for 574 yards and 3 touchdowns over 11 games with the Cardinals after taking a backseat in the Philadelphia Eagles' offense. While Christian Kirk sets sail to Jacksonville, Ertz will stick around with quarterback Kyler Murray for at least another season.
Ertz enjoyed a solid bounce back in Arizona after seemingly falling out of favor with the Eagles, and finished the 2021 season with 763 receiving yards between the two teams. He could become Murray's second target in the passing game behind DeAndre Hopkins for the foreseeable future.
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Cardinals' Eno Benjamin "the frontrunner" to back up James Conner June 27th, 2022
- DeAndre Hopkins (knee) will be "full go" for Cardinals' training camp June 8th, 2022
- Kyler Murray returns for Cardinals' voluntary workouts June 1st, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (PED) suspended for six games May 2nd, 2022
- Cardinals acquire Marquise Brown in trade with Ravens April 28th, 2022