Chris Godwin signs three-year deal with Buccaneers
Buccaneers wide receiver Chris Godwin agreed to a three-year deal on Wednesday to remain in Tampa Bay.
Godwin was assigned the Buccaneers franchise tag while the two sides worked towards a long-term deal, which was completed on Wednesday. The three-year deal is for $60 million total and includes $40 million in guaranteed money. The 26-year-old former third-round draft pick will rejoin Tampa Bay's passing attack alongside Mike Evans once he recovers from last season's ACL injury.
In 14 games last season, Godwin hauled in 98 of 127 targets for 1103 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Falcons were blown away by Drake London's physicality on college tape June 27th, 2022
- Cade Otton 'best option' for Buccaneers No. 1 tight end June 27th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Russell Gage expected to step in as No. 2 WR June 24th, 2022
- Auman: 'Wouldn't be surprised' if Tampa Bay's Chris Godwin (knee) opens season on PUP list June 24th, 2022
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski announces second retirement June 22nd, 2022
- Free agent Antonio Brown unlikely to return for 2022 season May 29th, 2022
- Chris Godwin signs three-year deal with Buccaneers March 17th, 2022