Rams send Robert Woods (ACL) to Titans for sixth-round pick
The Los Angeles Rams have traded wide receiver Robert Woods (ACL) to the Tennessee Titans for a sixth-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.
With the Rams signing Allen Robinson to a three-year contract and looking to renew free agent Odell Beckham's (ACL) contract as well, Woods' name had been popping up in recent trade candidate lists. While Woods had been integral in the Rams' offense over the past few seasons (as a receiver, a rusher, and as a blocker), his 2021 production had taken a step back as Cooper Kupp tore up the NFL. The Titans have had a glaring need at receiver behind A.J. Brown for multiple seasons, especially after releasing veteran Julio Jones earlier this week.
The latest reports regarding Woods' knee injury put him on track to suit up for Week 1 of the 2022 NFL season, and his do-it-all skillset should align more with Titans head coach Mike Vrabel's approach than Jones did in his year with the team. Even in a relative down year, Woods was still able to put up 61.8 receiving yards per game while catching 4 touchdowns, and added 8 rushes for 46 yards and another touchdown in his 9 games.
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Allen Lazard "getting an opportunity" to be Packers WR1 July 3rd, 2022
- Browns' Kareem Hunt feels '100 percent' healthy June 29th, 2022
- Terry McLaurin signs three-year $71 million contract extension with Washington June 29th, 2022
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (knee) a surprise PUP-list candidate June 27th, 2022
- Chargers' Austin Ekeler excited for increased backfield competition June 27th, 2022
- Titans' Derrick Henry (foot) "looked terrific" in spring practices June 26th, 2022
- Treylon Burks likely WR3 on Titans' Week 1 depth chart June 21st, 2022
- Titans take Treylon Burks at 18th overall April 29th, 2022
- Titans' A.J. Brown traded to Eagles April 28th, 2022
- A.J. Brown not expected to attend Titans' camp without a new contract April 18th, 2022
- Titans releasing Julio Jones March 16th, 2022