Browns eyeing Connor Cook in another trade-down
The Cleveland Browns trading down from eighth overall in order to select Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook is "something to keep an eye on," FOX Sports' Alex Marvez reports.
Cook has been the subject of plenty of negativity leading up to the draft, with NFL personnel anonymously questioning his character. But he has prototypical size at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds and comes from a Big Ten program at Michigan State where he went 35-4. As much as #QBWins isn't as important as some make it, NFL teams still value it, and ESPN's Jon Gruden recently named Cook his top quarterback prospect. Cook, Memphis' Paxton Lynch and Penn State's Christian Hackenberg all have a chance to be selected on Thursday night in the opening round of the draft.
The Browns ranked 21st in the NFL last year in Adjusted Offensive Passing Net Expected points per drop back.
- Seattle's Chris Carson rumbles for 133 yards and 2 scores in Week 15's victory over Carolina December 15th, 2019
- Buccaneers' Breshad Perriman explodes for 113 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Minnesota's Dalvin Cook (shoulder) will not return to Week 15's matchup against Chargers December 15th, 2019
- Carolina's Christian McCaffrey accumulates 175 scrimmage yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Giants' Saquon Barkley accounts for 143 scrimmage yards and 2 scores in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Miles Sanders rushes for 122 yards, scores 2 touchdowns in Eagles Week 15 win December 15th, 2019
- Cleveland's David Njoku inactive for Week 15's game against Arizona December 15th, 2019
- David Njoku upgraded to full practice for Browns December 12th, 2019
- Browns' David Njoku (knee) limited at practice on Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Odell Beckham reportedly wants out of Cleveland December 9th, 2019
- Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. reportedly playing with sports hernia December 8th, 2019
- Cleveland's David Njoku (wrist) activated from Injured Reserve on Saturday December 7th, 2019