Cole Kmet impressing Bears' new coaching staff
Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy has been "very impressed" with third-year tight end Cole Kmet during spring practices, ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports.
"I've been very impressed with Cole," Getsy told Cronin. He continued, "Just the ability, the flexibility as a player, I think he has all that stuff. So I'm excited to see him have a bunch of different roles in our offense." Kmet started in all 17 games in 2021 and could see increased usage as a pass-catcher after the offseason departures of Allen Robinson and Jimmy Graham.
Graham's departure in particular opens up opportunities for Kmet in the red zone; Kmet scored zero touchdowns last season, while Graham's 3 receiving touchdowns ranked second-best on the team. Our models currently project Kmet to finish as the TE12 in fantasy for the 2022 season.
- Saints rule out Marshon Lattimore (abdomen) for Week 13 game December 5th, 2022
- Bucs rule out Cameron Brate (illness) for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Bucs' Leonard Fournette (hip) active for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (hamstring) day-to-day ahead of Week 14 December 5th, 2022
- Bucs' Leonard Fournette (hip) expected to play in Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Rams' John Wolford (neck) a DNP on estimated Monday practice report December 5th, 2022
- Justin Fields (shoulder) not listed on Chicago's Week 13 injury report December 2nd, 2022
- Justin Fields (shoulder) upgraded to full at Bears practice December 1st, 2022
- Bears' Justin Fields (shoulder) limited on Wednesday November 30th, 2022
- Bears place Darnell Mooney (ankle) on injured reserve, will miss remainder of season November 29th, 2022
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) will not return this season November 28th, 2022
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) doubtful to return in Week 12 November 27th, 2022