Browns or 49ers could select Jaylon Smith by third round of NFL Draft?
Notre Dame linebacker Jaylon Smith (knee) is expected to be selected before the end of the third round, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
Smith has been completely removed from some teams' draft boards due to a torn ACL and LCL in his knee that is expected to force him to miss the entire 2016 season. Smith is also dealing with drop-foot, suggesting there's nerve damage. It's going to take a team with a talented, deep roster and one preferably with around double-digit selections to take a flier on him. The Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers each have a league-high 12 picks, but each has one of the NFL's worst rosters.
The 2015 Browns ranked 21st in the league in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) and 32nd in Adjusted Defensive Rushing NEP. The 49ers ranked 25th and 26th, respectively, in these metrics.
- Auden Tate (knee) placed on Bengals IR December 10th, 2019
- Lane Johnson (ankle) 'week-to-week' for Eagles December 10th, 2019
- Derrius Guice (MCL) lands on Washington IR, done until 2020 December 10th, 2019
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (shoulder) expected to practice for Steelers December 10th, 2019
- James Conner (shoulder) expected to practice for Steelers December 10th, 2019
- Colts sign Dontrelle Inman December 10th, 2019
- Odell Beckham reportedly wants out of Cleveland December 9th, 2019
- Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. reportedly playing with sports hernia December 8th, 2019
- Cleveland's David Njoku (wrist) activated from Injured Reserve on Saturday December 7th, 2019
- Cleveland's David Njoku (wrist) expects to play in Week 14's matchup against Bengals December 6th, 2019
- Baker Mayfield (hand) practicing fully for Browns December 4th, 2019
- Baker Mayfield 'should be fine' for Sunday, Browns coach said December 2nd, 2019