McCarthy: Cowboys' Dak Prescott 'looks really good' in 'movement ability'
According to head coach Mike McCarthy, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott "looks really good" in movement ability in scramble drills and situations.
After registering just three yards on designed runs and a career-low 99 drop-backs involving a rollout or scramble, the Cowboys are hopeful their star quarterback can be used in more movement situations with his ankle injury fully behind him. “The thing that jumps out to me is his movement ability in the scramble drills and scramble situations,” said McCarthy about Prescott. “The way he activates the scramble drills. So, he’s got more reps at it. It’s more natural to him. He looks really good."
In Prescott's first four years before his injury, the Cowboys' signal caller averaged 305 yards on 33.2 attempts. For the upcoming 2022 season, numberFire's models currently project Prescott to produce 267.5 rushing yards and 3.1 touchdowns on 57.3 rushing attempts in addition to 410.6 completions for 4,503.1 yards and 33.9 touchdowns
- Melvin Gordon on Javonte Williams: Broncos 'want Vonte to be the guy' August 17th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) 'undergoing a procedure' August 17th, 2022
- Drew Lock (COVID-19) ruled out for Seahawks' Thursday preseason matchup August 16th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker 'got a little hernia thing that he’s working on' August 16th, 2022
- Saints' Michael Thomas (ankle) will be "ready to go" for Week 1 August 16th, 2022
- New England's Rhamondre Stevenson reportedly practicing in 'James White role' August 16th, 2022
- Cowboys' James Washington (foot) to miss at least two months August 1st, 2022
- Cowboys' Jalen Tolbert expected to start Week 1 July 13th, 2022
- Dalton Schultz, Dallas distant on new deal June 27th, 2022
- Jalen Tolbert "likely" to start in Cowboys' offense June 20th, 2022
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott having "tremendous" offseason June 16th, 2022
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Dak Prescott 'looks really good' in 'movement ability' June 15th, 2022