Sam Darnold ahead of Matt Corral for Panthers' starting job
Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold would be the team's starter "if we played today" according to head coach Matt Rhule.
Darnold was downright awful as the Panthers' main quarterback last season, but the team has been generating some positive news regarding his progress under new offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo this offseason. The team traded up to draft rookie Matt Corral in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft, but didn't do so "with the idea of him starting right away." Darnold is still the team's QB1 for now, but the team has been tied to quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Jimmy Garoppolo, who could be on the move.
If Darnold makes it through the offseason without another quarterback displacing him as the starter, he'll still only be a deep streaming option for quarterback-needy fantasy teams in 2022. He is currently the QB30 in numberFire's fantasy projections.
- A.J. Dillon (knee) limited for Packers on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Ravens list J.K. Dobbins (chest) as a limited participant on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (hip) as limited during Wednesday's practice September 28th, 2022
- Chargers' Justin Herbert (ribs) logs limited practice on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) limited for Chargers' Wednesday practice September 28th, 2022
- Denver's Melvin Gordon (neck) limited on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Carolina's Christian McCaffrey (quad) DNP on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) good to go for Panthers September 23rd, 2022
- Carolina's Christian McCaffrey (ankle) limited during Thursday's practice September 22nd, 2022
- Christian McCaffrey (shin) not listed on Carolina's Week 1 injury report September 9th, 2022
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (shin) logs full practice on Thursday September 8th, 2022
- Robbie Anderson (quad) not listed on Carolina's Wednesday injury report September 7th, 2022