Terrace Marshall taking "a massive leap" in second offseason with Panthers
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey noticed that second-year wide receiver Terrace Marshall had taken "a massive leap" in improvement since his rookie season.
Marshall, a second-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, struggled mightily in his first season in the league. Stuck behind D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson to begin the season, Marshall battled players like Brandon Zysltra and Shi Smith for opportunities down the stretch as he struggled with injuries. McCaffrey recalled that Marshall spent most of his first offseason on the sidelines with the team's trainers, and ESPN's David Newton noted Marshall has now appeared to have regained the explosiveness that earned him Day 2 draft capital just a year ago.
While there is certainly a chance Marshall could break out in his second season, our models have a more muted outlook for the LSU alumni, projecting him for 24 catches, 275 yards, and 1.5 touchdowns.
- A.J. Dillon (knee) limited for Packers on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Ravens list J.K. Dobbins (chest) as a limited participant on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (hip) as limited during Wednesday's practice September 28th, 2022
- Chargers' Justin Herbert (ribs) logs limited practice on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) limited for Chargers' Wednesday practice September 28th, 2022
- Denver's Melvin Gordon (neck) limited on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Carolina's Christian McCaffrey (quad) DNP on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) good to go for Panthers September 23rd, 2022
- Carolina's Christian McCaffrey (ankle) limited during Thursday's practice September 22nd, 2022
- Christian McCaffrey (shin) not listed on Carolina's Week 1 injury report September 9th, 2022
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (shin) logs full practice on Thursday September 8th, 2022
- Robbie Anderson (quad) not listed on Carolina's Wednesday injury report September 7th, 2022