Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers
Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield has been traded to the Carolina Panthers.
Mayfield will move to Carolina in exchange for a conditional fifth-round pick in the 2024 draft. Mayfield's departure from Cleveland has been expected since the arrival of Deshaun Watson. The first overall pick in 2018, Mayfield will leave Cleveland with a 29-30 record over four seasons, with 1,185 completions on 1,924 attempts for 14,125 yards, 92 touchdowns, and 56 interceptions. Assuming Mayfield steps into the starting role, this officially shuts the door on Sam Darnold's time as a starter in Carolina and could position rookie Matt Corral into a backup role this season. Mayfield's departure leaves Jacoby Brissett as QB2 in Cleveland.
Mayfield is the QB35 is numberFire's preseason fantasy projections.
- Melvin Gordon on Javonte Williams: Broncos 'want Vonte to be the guy' August 17th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker (hernia) 'undergoing a procedure' August 17th, 2022
- Drew Lock (COVID-19) ruled out for Seahawks' Thursday preseason matchup August 16th, 2022
- Carroll: Seattle's Kenneth Walker 'got a little hernia thing that he’s working on' August 16th, 2022
- Saints' Michael Thomas (ankle) will be "ready to go" for Week 1 August 16th, 2022
- New England's Rhamondre Stevenson reportedly practicing in 'James White role' August 16th, 2022
- Rapoport: Baker Mayfield favorite to win Panthers' job August 8th, 2022
- Panthers planning on training camp quarterback competition July 8th, 2022
- Baker Mayfield traded to Panthers July 6th, 2022
- Terrace Marshall taking "a massive leap" in second offseason with Panthers June 27th, 2022
- Sam Darnold ahead of Matt Corral for Panthers' starting job June 20th, 2022
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey "will continue to get his touches" this season June 20th, 2022