Marquez Valdes-Scantling 'best receiver' in Chiefs program
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling was the "best receiver" during the team's offseason program, according to Nate Taylor of The Athletic.
Taylor wrote in June that quarterback Patrick Mahomes displayed a “strong connection” with Valdes-Scantling and he is following up a month later. The free-agent signing "offers a combination of speed and size that [quarterback Patrick] Mahomes has never had before," per Taylor. Travis Kelce and JuJu Smith-Schuster are expected to draw most of Mahomes' targets, but Valdes-Scantling could thrive as a deep threat in an offense looking to replace Tyreek Hill. He will likely be competing for snaps with second-round rookie Skyy Moore and Kansas City incumbent Mecole Hardman.
numberFire's models currently project MVS for 73.5 targets, 38.9 catches, 638.2 yards, and 4.21 touchdowns, and he is the WR56 in our preseason rankings. Moore is projected for 70.3 targets and Hardman is projected for 54.3 targets.
- Packers' Jayden Reed (chest) limited during Thursday practice session December 7th, 2023
- A.J. Dillon (groin) limited for Packers Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (oblique) limited on Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Seahawks' Zach Charbonnet (knee) limited on Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Rams' Puka Nacua (shoulder) logs full practice on Thursday December 7th, 2023
- Steelers' Najee Harris (knee) active for Week 14 December 7th, 2023
- Isiah Pacheco (shoulder) sitting out again Thursday for Chiefs December 7th, 2023
- Chiefs' Isiah Pacheco (shoulder) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) ruled out in Week 13 December 2nd, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle/hip) not listed on Kansas City's Week 13 injury report December 1st, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) questionable in Week 13, expected to play December 1st, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (thumb) placed on Chiefs' injured reserve November 25th, 2023