Bengals' Joe Burrow recovering from appendectomy
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow (appendectomy) will be "back in when he's ready," per head coach Zac Taylor.
Burrow is recovering from an appendectomy that he underwent last week. “I don’t have any timetable,” Taylor said. “We’re just trying to give him some privacy, and I’m sure he’ll be back in when he’s ready.” There isn't any concern about Burrow's availability for Week 1 against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 11. Last season, Burrow led the league in yards per attempt (8.9) and adjusted yards per attempt (9.0) among qualified starters. His touchdown rate also jumped up from 3.2% his rookie season to 6.5% last year while ranking 15th in total pass attempts.
Burrow is the QB9 in numberFire's preseason rankings. Our models project him for 4,544.1 passing yards, 30.65 touchdowns and 7.4 interceptions, with 286.2 rushing yards and 2.44 touchdowns. In 2021, Burrow tied for seventh with Justin Herbert in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back (0.23), which was more than double the league average (0.10).
- A.J. Dillon (knee) limited for Packers on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Ravens list J.K. Dobbins (chest) as a limited participant on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (hip) as limited during Wednesday's practice September 28th, 2022
- Chargers' Justin Herbert (ribs) logs limited practice on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) limited for Chargers' Wednesday practice September 28th, 2022
- Denver's Melvin Gordon (neck) limited on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Bengals' Joe Mixon (ankle) available for Week 4 showdown with Dolphins September 28th, 2022
- Hayden Hurst (groin) active for Bengals in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Hayden Hurst (groin) questionable for Bengals in Week 3 September 23rd, 2022
- Hayden Hurst (groin) limited during Cincinnati's Wednesday practice September 21st, 2022
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (concussion) officially active for Week 2 September 18th, 2022
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (concussion) expected to play in Week 2 September 18th, 2022