David Montgomery out for Chicago's preseason opener with 'minor injury'
Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery will not play in Saturday's preseason contest against the Kansas City Chiefs.
After a DNP on Thursday with a "minor injury", Montgomery will sit out on Saturday although it's worth noting head coach Matt Eberflus expects the Bears' running back "gonna be fine." With multiple reports projecting a committee approach in Chicago's backfield under a new coaching staff, Montgomery's workload could see a decrease behind Pro Football Focus' 31st rated offensive line. Per Fantasy Football Calculator in 12-team point per reception leagues, Montgomery's average draft position currently stands in the third round.
Montgomery's 2022 yearly projection includes 252.6 rushing attempts for 1,014.7 yards and 6.9 touchdowns and 39.2 receptions for 309.1 yards and 2.0 receiving touchdowns.
- Schefter: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) reportedly does not need surgery, could return in 7-8 weeks December 6th, 2022
- Rams claim quarterback Baker Mayfield off waivers on Tuesday December 6th, 2022
- Schefter: Baltimore's Lamar Jackson (knee) diagnosed with sprained PCL December 6th, 2022
- Saints rule out Marshon Lattimore (abdomen) for Week 13 game December 5th, 2022
- Bucs rule out Cameron Brate (illness) for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Bucs' Leonard Fournette (hip) active for Week 13 December 5th, 2022
- Justin Fields (shoulder) not listed on Chicago's Week 13 injury report December 2nd, 2022
- Justin Fields (shoulder) upgraded to full at Bears practice December 1st, 2022
- Bears' Justin Fields (shoulder) limited on Wednesday November 30th, 2022
- Bears place Darnell Mooney (ankle) on injured reserve, will miss remainder of season November 29th, 2022
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) will not return this season November 28th, 2022
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (ankle) doubtful to return in Week 12 November 27th, 2022