Melvin Gordon on Javonte Williams: Broncos 'want Vonte to be the guy'
According to Melvin Gordon, the Denver Broncos want running back Javonte Williams "to be the guy."
Despite Gordon's previous role in Denver's offense, it appears Williams will be their lead back in his second NFL season. With recent hype surrounding the 22-year old's potential utilization, Williams' current draft position in 12-team point per reception leagues according to Fantasy Football Calculator stands in the second round while Gordon has been drafted on average in the eighth.
Williams' current 2022 yearly projection includes 251.9 rushing attempts for 1,125.3 yards and 8.1 touchdowns and 47.9 receptions for 344.9 yards and 2.7 receiving touchdowns while Gordon's expectation includes 150.6 carries for 670.5 yards and 5.8 touchdowns and 28.4 receptions for 196.0 yards and 1.7 receiving touchdowns.
- A.J. Dillon (knee) limited for Packers on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Ravens list J.K. Dobbins (chest) as a limited participant on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (hip) as limited during Wednesday's practice September 28th, 2022
- Chargers' Justin Herbert (ribs) logs limited practice on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) limited for Chargers' Wednesday practice September 28th, 2022
- Texans' Dameon Pierce (hip) limited on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Denver's Melvin Gordon (neck) limited on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- KJ Hamler (knee, hip, groin) active for Broncos in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jerry Jeudy (rib, shoulder) active in Week 3 for Denver September 25th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (rib, shoulder) expected to play in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Denver's Jerry Jeudy (knee,hip) questionable in Week 3 September 23rd, 2022
- Jerry Jeudy (shoudler/ribs) absent again for Denver on Thursday September 22nd, 2022