Nevin Lawson is favorite to start at cornerback for Lions
Detroit Lions cornerback Nevin Lawson is the favorite to start opposite Darius Slay.
Despite the retirement of Rashean Mathis, the Lions did not add a starting-caliber corner in free agency or the draft. That leaves Lawson as the de facto option opposite Slay. Lawson struggled in nine starts last year, but he has a fourth-round pedigree and is reportedly well-liked within the organization. He should be given every chance to win the starting job.
The Lions' defense had a huge production downturn in 2015, ranking 26th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play, 25th in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play and 22nd in Adjusted Rushing NEP per play. Lawson played in 15 games last year, totaling 47 tackles and 7 passes defensed. He's a sleeper Individual Defensive Player (IDP) option in cornerback-specific leagues.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) out for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) doubtful for Week 3's game against Dolphins September 24th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (ankle) registers DNP for Raiders again September 23rd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Derek Carr (ankle) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2021