Cardinals' James Conner's ankle injury not considered serious
Arizona Cardinals running back James Conner suffered an ankle injury in the team's Week 2 game against the Las Vegas Raiders, but it "is not considered long-term or serious," according to Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport also noted that Conner remained in uniform on the sidelines after the injury, reinforcing the belief that the talented back avoided any significant damage. The Cardinals were in full-on comeback mode for most of their surprise victory, so the team may have just been playing it extra cautiously with their lead back.
With Conner sidelined, the Cardinals divided up their running back opportunities evenly between Eno Benjamin and Darrel Williams, with both backs seeing 8 carries. Benjamin took his carries for 31 yards and caught 3 passes for 20 yards, while Williams notched 59 yards and a touchdown on his carries while adding 3 yards on 2 catches. Neither back seems to be particularly involved when Conner is healthy, but the Cardinals' backfield has been a productive one for fantasy since the start of Kliff Kingsbury's tenure there.
- Steelers' Najee Harris (abdominal) will not return Monday night November 28th, 2022
- Update: Patriots' Damien Harris (thigh) now week-to-week, unlikely to play in Week 13 November 28th, 2022
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (knee) to miss 6-8 weeks November 28th, 2022
- Rams' Aaron Donald dealing with high ankle sprain November 28th, 2022
- Pelissero: Melvin Gordon expected to sign with Chiefs November 28th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) limited on Patriots' estimated Monday injury report November 28th, 2022
- Greg Dortch (thumb) out for Cardinals in Week 12 November 27th, 2022
- Greg Dortch (thumb) unlikely to play in Cardinals' Week 12 game November 27th, 2022
- Cardinals activate Marquise Brown (foot) off injured reserve, eligible to play in Week 12 November 26th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (groin) out in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- Kingsbury: Arizona's Kyler Murray (hamstring) will play in Week 12 November 25th, 2022
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday November 23rd, 2022