Patriots' Mac Jones dealing with 'pretty severe' ankle sprain
New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones reportedly suffered a "pretty severe" ankle sprain in the team's Week 3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, the NFL's Tom Pelissero reports.
Jones suffered the injury on his last throw of the game, and was unable to put any pressure on his leg as he hopped from the field. Pelissero notes that the hope is that Jones will be able to avoid surgery, but still could be looking at an extended absence. His status for Week 4's game against the Green Bay Packers is highly dubious.
Jones was extremely aggressive throwing down the field in Sunday's loss, leading to 3 interceptions over the course of the game. He also added 31 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown as he was forced to scramble frequently throughout the contest. Brian Hoyer is the current favorite to fill in during Jones' absence, with rookie Bailey Zappe taking over the backup role behind him.
- Houston's Brandin Cooks (calf) remains out in Week 14 December 9th, 2022
- Mike Williams (ankle) not listed on Chargers' Week 14 injury report December 9th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) available for Week 14 December 9th, 2022
- DeeJay Dallas (ankle) listed as questionable on Seattle's Week 14 injury report December 9th, 2022
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (ankle) questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2022
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (illness) practicing on Friday December 9th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (head) not at Patriots practice Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Damien Harris (thigh) absent from Patriots practice Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) active for Week 13 December 1st, 2022
- Patriots list Jakobi Meyers (shoulder) as questionable for Week 13's matchup versus Bills November 30th, 2022
- Patriots' Damien Harris (thigh) out for Week 13 November 30th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (thigh) absent for Tuesday's practice November 29th, 2022