Patriots' Mac Jones dealing with 'pretty severe' ankle sprain
New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones reportedly suffered a "pretty severe" ankle sprain in the team's Week 3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, the NFL's Tom Pelissero reports.
Jones suffered the injury on his last throw of the game, and was unable to put any pressure on his leg as he hopped from the field. Pelissero notes that the hope is that Jones will be able to avoid surgery, but still could be looking at an extended absence. His status for Week 4's game against the Green Bay Packers is highly dubious.
Jones was extremely aggressive throwing down the field in Sunday's loss, leading to 3 interceptions over the course of the game. He also added 31 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown as he was forced to scramble frequently throughout the contest. Brian Hoyer is the current favorite to fill in during Jones' absence, with rookie Bailey Zappe taking over the backup role behind him.
- Kenneth Walker (oblique) officially out Thursday for Seahawks November 30th, 2023
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (groin) limited on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Texans' Noah Brown (knee) limited again on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Chargers' Quentin Johnston (ribs, finger) logs another full practice on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Dallas Goedert (forearm) DNP again Thursday for Eagles November 30th, 2023
- Saints' Rashid Shaheed (thigh) DNP again on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Patriots' Demario Douglas (concussion) DNP again on Thursday November 30th, 2023
- Bailey Zappe preparing to start Week 13 for Patriots November 30th, 2023
- Patriots' Demario Douglas (concussion) DNP on Wednesday November 29th, 2023
- Patriots' Demario Douglas (head) doubtful to return in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Bailey Zappe opens second half as Pats' quarterback in Week 12 November 26th, 2023
- Patriots pull Mac Jones from Week 12 game; Bailey Zappe taking over for second half November 26th, 2023