Christian McCaffrey (thigh) missing for Panthers again
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (thigh) did not practice again on Thursday.
McCaffrey has now missed back-to-back practices to start the week, but Panthers head coach Matt Rhule previously indicated that he wasn't concerned about the star running back's status for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals. McCaffrey will presumably need to participate in some capacity at Friday's practice to be cleared to play, but that remains to be seen. Chuba Hubbard and D'Onta Foreman will likely split backfield duties if McCaffrey is unavailable.
As it stands, CMC is the RB2 in numberFire's weekly rankings. Our models project him for 18.7 carries and 87.8 rushing yards, with 4.4 catches for 40.9 receiving yards. The Cardinals are ranked 18th in the league in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position this season, but they have given up just the second-fewest receptions to opposing backfields (8).
- John Wolford (neck) officially starting for Rams in Week 14; Baker Mayfield expected to see time December 8th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) in line to start Thursday for Rams December 8th, 2022
- Tyreek Hill (illness) DNP for Dolphins on Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Dolphins' Jaylen Waddle (leg) upgraded to full practice on Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Kenneth Walker (foot) sits out Seahawks practice again December 8th, 2022
- Rams' Brandon Powell (illness) active Thursday for Week 14 December 8th, 2022
- 49ers' Christian McCaffrey (knee) limited on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Schefter: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) reportedly does not need surgery, could return in 7-8 weeks December 6th, 2022
- Panthers release Baker Mayfield December 5th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo breaks foot in Week 13, out for season December 4th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) will not return in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (ankle) questionable to return in Week 13; Brock Purdy in at quarterback December 4th, 2022