Christian McCaffrey (thigh) missing for Panthers again
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (thigh) did not practice again on Thursday.
McCaffrey has now missed back-to-back practices to start the week, but Panthers head coach Matt Rhule previously indicated that he wasn't concerned about the star running back's status for Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals. McCaffrey will presumably need to participate in some capacity at Friday's practice to be cleared to play, but that remains to be seen. Chuba Hubbard and D'Onta Foreman will likely split backfield duties if McCaffrey is unavailable.
As it stands, CMC is the RB2 in numberFire's weekly rankings. Our models project him for 18.7 carries and 87.8 rushing yards, with 4.4 catches for 40.9 receiving yards. The Cardinals are ranked 18th in the league in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position this season, but they have given up just the second-fewest receptions to opposing backfields (8).
- Treylon Burks (concussion) questionable in Week 13 for Titans December 1st, 2023
- Howe: New England's Bailey Zappe will start at quarterback in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Kareem Hunt (groin) good to go for Browns in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (illness) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Chargers' Quentin Johnston (ribs, finger) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (foot) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- San Francisco's Deebo Samuel (ribs) available for Week 10's matchup against Jaguars November 10th, 2023
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (shoulder) "on track" for Week 10 showdown with Jaguars November 9th, 2023
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel (shoulder) logs full practice on Wednesday November 8th, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey puts up 118 yards, 2 touchdowns in Week 8 for San Francisco October 29th, 2023
- Joe Burrow near-perfect for Bengals in Week 8 win October 29th, 2023
- Brock Purdy clears concussion protocol, will start for 49ers in Week 8 October 28th, 2023