Broncos' Javonte Williams done for season with torn ACL
Denver Broncos running back Javonte Williams suffered a season-ending right ACL tear in Sunday's Week 4 loss to the Las Vegas Raiders.
Williams injured his knee early in the second half on Sunday and he was seen on crutches after the game. The injury is a significant loss for fantasy owners and the Broncos' offense, which will now likely split backfield work between Melvin Gordon and Mike Boone. Gordon fumbled his first touch of the game on Sunday and then only had two more carries after that. Boone was actually the next man up ahead of Gordon and he finished with three carries and three targets for 20 yards. The Broncos will host the Indianapolis Colts in Week 5 on Thursday night.
The Colts are ranked 18th in FanDuel points allowed per game to the running back position this season. Boone averaged 0.37 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry in Week 4, which is currently 12th among running backs this week. Gordon is last at negative-3.55.
- Texans bench Kyle Allen, Davis Mills to start versus Dallas December 7th, 2022
- Davis Mills taking back over for Texans in Week 14 December 7th, 2022
- Trevor Lawrence (foot) day-to-day for Jaguars December 7th, 2022
- Schefter: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) reportedly does not need surgery, could return in 7-8 weeks December 6th, 2022
- Rams claim quarterback Baker Mayfield off waivers on Tuesday December 6th, 2022
- Schefter: Baltimore's Lamar Jackson (knee) diagnosed with sprained PCL December 6th, 2022
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (hamstring) day-to-day ahead of Week 14 December 5th, 2022
- Courtland Sutton (hamstring) questionable to return for Broncos in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Courtland Sutton (illness) will play in Broncos' Week 13 contest December 4th, 2022
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) cleared to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (illness) expected to play in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Denver's Jerry Jeudy (ankle) trending towards playing in Week 13 December 4th, 2022