Corey Davis (knee) 'on the fence' for Jets in Week 9
New York Jets wide receiver Corey Davis (knee) will not practice on Wednesday, per head coach Robert Saleh.
Saleh described Davis as "day-to-day" and said the receiver's status is "on the fence" for Week 9 against the Buffalo Bills. Garrett Wilson led the Jets with 115 yards on 6 receptions (7 targets) last week while Davis was sidelined and Tyler Conklin had a team-high 10 targets. Denzel Mims was the only other Jets receiver with multiple targets (3). The Jets are double-digit dogs against the Bills, so the negative game script should lead to more passing volume.
numberFire's models project Wilson for a team-high 7.6 targets in Week 9 if Davis is sidelined. Conklin is next at 5.9 targets and then Mims and Michael Carter are tied at 3.9 each. The Bills have the No. 1 overall defense and No. 4 pass defense in our adjusted team metrics for the season.
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (ankle) out for NFC Championship on Sunday January 29th, 2023
- Chiefs' Travis Kelce (back) expected to play in AFC Championship game Sunday January 29th, 2023
- 49ers promote Tevin Coleman to active roster on Saturday January 28th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) will not play in Kansas City's AFC Championship contest January 28th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) listed as questionable on Kansas City's AFC Championship injury report January 27th, 2023
- Kansas City's Mecole Hardman (pelvis) questionable for Sunday's Conference Championship January 27th, 2023
- C.J. Uzomah (hamstring) questionable for Jets' Week 18 contest versus Miami January 6th, 2023
- Jet starting Joe Flacco at quarterback in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Mike White (ribs) ruled out for Jets' Week 18 matchup against Dolphins January 6th, 2023
- Jets promote quarterback Chris Streveler to active roster, eligible to play in Week 17 December 31st, 2022
- Mike White (ribs) to start at quarterback for Jets in Week 17; Zach Wilson returns to reserves December 26th, 2022
- Zonovan Knight (ankle) will play for Jets Thursday night December 22nd, 2022