Corey Davis (knee) 'on the fence' for Jets in Week 9
New York Jets wide receiver Corey Davis (knee) will not practice on Wednesday, per head coach Robert Saleh.
Saleh described Davis as "day-to-day" and said the receiver's status is "on the fence" for Week 9 against the Buffalo Bills. Garrett Wilson led the Jets with 115 yards on 6 receptions (7 targets) last week while Davis was sidelined and Tyler Conklin had a team-high 10 targets. Denzel Mims was the only other Jets receiver with multiple targets (3). The Jets are double-digit dogs against the Bills, so the negative game script should lead to more passing volume.
numberFire's models project Wilson for a team-high 7.6 targets in Week 9 if Davis is sidelined. Conklin is next at 5.9 targets and then Mims and Michael Carter are tied at 3.9 each. The Bills have the No. 1 overall defense and No. 4 pass defense in our adjusted team metrics for the season.
- Patrick Beverley coming off Philadelphia's bench on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (illness) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- C.J. Beathard (shoulder) limited for Jacksonville on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (neck) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Rams' Puka Nacua (shoulder) limited on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Jets' Breece Hall (ankle) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Jets name Zach Wilson as starter for Week 14 clash with Texans December 6th, 2023
- Jets release quarterback Tim Boyle on Tuesday December 5th, 2023
- Trevor Siemian in at quarterback for Jets in Week 13; Tim Boyle benched December 3rd, 2023
- Jets' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) active for Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Breece Hall (hamstring) good to go for Jets' Week 13 tilt December 3rd, 2023