D'Andre Swift (ankle/shoulder) officially DNP for Detroit
Detroit Lions running back D'Andre Swift (ankle/shoulder) did not practice on Wednesday.
Swift played last week for the first time since Week 3 and had 10 touches for 33 yards and a touchdown. Lions head coach Dan Campbell later said that Swift is not yet back to full health, so they may hold him out versus the Green Bay Packers in Week 9. Swift popped off for 175 yards and a touchdown on 18 touches in the season opener, but he has only made three limited appearances since. Jamaal Williams will handle most of the backfield work if Swift is sidelined on Sunday.
numberFire's models currently project Swift for 13.9 touches and Williams for 14.0 touches in Week 9. Williams averaged 17.0 touches and 82.7 yards in three full games without Swift. The Packers have a run-funnel defense, according to our adjusted team metrics, as they rank 10th against the pass and 25th versus the run.
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (ankle) upgraded to full practice on Thursday December 8th, 2022
- Lions' D'Andre Swift (ankle) limited on Wednesday December 7th, 2022
- Lions' Jameson Williams (ACL) to make season debut in Week 13 December 4th, 2022
- Lions reportedly activate Jameson Williams (knee) off injured reserve, eligible to play in Week 13 December 3rd, 2022
- Jameson Williams (ACL) unlikely to debut for Lions in Week 13 November 28th, 2022
- Detroit's Josh Reynolds (back) active for Week 12's game versus Bills November 24th, 2022