Bengals sign Shawn Williams to a four-year extension
Cincinnati Bengals free safety Shawn Williams has agreed to a four-year extension through 2020.
A third-round pick in 2013, Williams has only started four games in three seasons, but his presence was reportedly a big factor in the decision to let Reggie Nelson walk. Williams is expected to open the season as the starter at free safety, and a big year likely would have earned him a hefty payday next spring. Cincinnati's decision to lock him up now could look like a savvy move this time next year.
The Bengals ranked 10th in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play last season. Williams had 32 tackles, 5 passes defended and 2 interceptions while seeing action in all 16 games.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Yadier Molina catching for Cardinals Monday September 20th, 2021
- Rondale Moore scores, leads Cardinals with 114 yards September 20th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray expected to play "some snaps" against Chiefs on Friday August 18th, 2021
- Matt Carpenter hitting fifth for Cardinals on Saturday night August 14th, 2021
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk (undisclosed) back at practice Thursday August 5th, 2021